Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day On The Job

I awoke early this morning and was greeted by snow as I started on my 20 minute walk to the Trackside Grill. I arrived and was given a tour and my uniform which consists of a t-shirt and a ridiculous looking hat. In case you didn't catch on from the name "track side" is in reference to train tracks, so our hats look like conductor hats. Other than being forced to wear a ridiculous hat things went very well. I learned how to use the register, I filled drink orders and I learned how to make milkshakes. I got to eat the milkshake that I made as practice and I get one free meal whenever I work so it's a pretty nice deal. I took a picture of my hat to prove just how ridiculous it looks but my computer won't read the memory card from my phone so you'll just have to take my word for it.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad it went well for you today. Wish I could see the lovely hat. :)

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you can make even a ridiculous hat look good:):):)
Love Ya!!

Thoughtful in Selah said...

Hey I was searching for a song on my computer today when something came back in the search results that I was kinda nervous about. I looked at it and it was a paper that you wrote for your Eng Comp II class talking about...... "Explicit Adult Material" if you know what I'm talking about. Well I found it very interesting and helpful in my own.... circumstances. Thanks so much. (Not that I'm purposely digging through you files).

Which reminds me that I can delete you back up if you have all of your files back.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say happy b-day a day early so I won't forget to tell you tommorrow

Jordan

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Free milkshakes? Where do I sign up?

Billy said...

We want to see the Hat!!!
We want to see the Hat!!!
We want to see the Hat!!!
We want to see the Hat!!!
We want to see the Hat!!!
We want to see the Hat!!!
...

The Downing 5 said...

Amazing the funny jobs we do while furthering our education....I worked 3rd. shift at a McD's and was attacked by a transvestite over a cheeseburger....Think Me, Transvestite, Police and Billy Club......oh the memories!!!!!