Monday, September 15, 2008

Power Outage

The power has been out on campus since 1:30pm. It was super windy yesterday. Part of the roof of the chapel blew off as well as some shingles off of the dorms, not to mention several tree limbs....... and corn stalks. They waited until 10:00pm to announce that classes were canceled for today. All of the girls in my unit and I went to Wendy's to celebrate last night after we heard that classes were canceled, but it was a short trip because everything is about a 20min. drive from cedarville and we have a 12am curfew on Sundays, although I'm not sure how they could enforce it. Then we played ninja capture the flag. It's a mix of capture the flag and hide-n-seek in the dark. The power is still off and I've heard that it MIGHT be back on some time tonight. I went with some of the unit girls to one of their Aunt's house that was only about 30min. away and has power and wireless internet. Hence the update inspite of the power outage. I'm definitely bored with this power outage and I hope that the power gets turned back on soon. Other than that, everything with me is fine. I'll end this update with some pictures of my dorm since no has seen it. I meant to put these pictures up a couple of weeks ago, but I never got around to it.





5 comments:

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

late night trips to Wendy's, eh? Hope you had a Frosty for me.

which bunk is yours?

love you, girl!

cinnamon said...

nice dorm, sounds like a fun game hopefully the electric will come on for you soon.

Rachel said...

I like the curtains. I'm glad you updated. We missed you.

Alicia said...

The curtains are really cute? Are you on the top or bottom bunk? Power Outages are always nice.. Malone didn't get hit too hard as far as power outages. it went out about 8 times but came back on.

Thoughtful in Selah said...

I found the storm pretty exhilarating for me considering I was running lights for the Firelands Symphony Orchestra and the entire lighting system almost went down about six times. I was really hoping that it would go out just so I could move the stage lights to axillary power. ...I've always wanted to do that before.