Friday, September 19, 2008

Printy Wars!

This past Tuesday night was the annual Printy Wars. Printy is the name of my dorm, and I've probably explained this before, but Printy is set up as a unit-style dorm with 4 rooms in a unit connected to its co-unit by the bathroom. So all of the units and their co-unit are a team competing against all of the other units in various silly, fun games. Each unit is supposed to come up with a theme to dress up. Some units just wear matching t-shirts and other do themes. My unit decided to be gansters, eh hem, excuse me...... ganstas. I'm a pretty lame gansta but some of the girls could really pull it off. We played a bunch of different crazy games, from human musical chairs to 2-liter chugging contests and stuff like that. It was really fun, although my unit didn't win any of the games. We did get really close though. (And I did manage to contain my competitiveness so as not to scare anyone away) I've included some pictures for your viewing pleasure. However, my roommate refused to participate in Printy Wars because she didn't want to make a fool of herself so she's not in any of these pictures, so you don't have to ask which one she is.


The whole crew, gang, posse, whatever



This is a picture of one of the games where you had to eat the food on the plate as fast as you could. There was gross stuff like cold refried beans, jalapenos, etc. As you can see I wasn't one of the partakers, just a spectator.


These next few are examples of what happens when gangstas try to dance. It's not pretty.




This is a game where you had to pop 4 balloons filled with flour using only your stomach. We didn't actually break any of them, but it's harder than it looks.


And here is proof that we don't dress up like gangstas all of the time.

And there you have it. My short lived experience as a gansta. This is actually the second time I've had to dress up for an event. Earlier in the year we played in a beachball volleyball tournament where we all dressed in black & white and painted our faces. It makes me wonder what other crazy costumes I'm going to have to come up with before the year is over.




*Sorry the pictures are so dark, but it was around 11 o'clock when were taking them.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

sounds like you had fun! The baloon popping idea with flour looks hard.

cinnamon said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I can't believe you didn't win any of the games... and you still had FUN!! I am so proud of you! College is good for you!

The Downing 5 said...

Looks like lots of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

good thing this is a Christian school, otherwise I can just imagine what you would have been chugging 2-liters of...