Sunday, February 3, 2008

Saturday Night Fun

I was invited Wednesday night to go to a dance club on Saturday night with a group of friends. I was hesitant at first because dance clubs aren't really my scene but I eventually caved in and said that I would go. The plan was to meet at 9:30 on Saturday and we would all drive over together.

When I met up with the group of people I was going with last night they said they had changed plans because a lot of us were unsure about going to a dance club. I was relieved to say the least. Instead we decided we would go out to a restaurant for dessert and to hang out, which was way more up my alley. I'll take dessert over dancing anytime. For our first attempt at getting dessert we went to a cool little restaurant downtown called Crave, but when we got their they said they didn't have room for all of us. (We were a group of 14 people) We decided to call another restaurant of a similar style called Bricco's and make a reservation. We made the reservation, drove over there and checked out the menu only to find that they didn't have desserts. SO, by then it was almost 11:00pm. We figured Applebee's would still be open and have enough room. We drove over there really quickly and were told we would have to wait 45 minutes. At this disappointing news and the time growing later, we all decided that Eat N' Park would work. Finally after all of that adventure we got to eat and hangout. It was really fun and I was much more comfortable than I probably would have been if we had gone to the dance club. It was also fun because the girl who I rode with drives like I do. I think you all know what that means. I'll just say it was ...... exciting. I didn't get back to my dorm until 1:30am and I had to get up early for work today, but other than that it was a really fun time.

On a side note: Today is my 1st blogiversary! Yeah Me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update:) That's one way to see Akron. Glad you had a good time. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Getting out into Akron before the big departure eh? Congratulations on your year!

PR

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

what kind of restaurant doesn't have desserts?

and

Yeah!!! Fun college experiences! Finally!

love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun time. Happy blogiversary.