Tuesday, February 12, 2008

UPDATE

Last Wednesday my dorm had flyers all over saying hat there were positions open on the Residence Hall Council (RHC). At first I just ignored them because that is what I tried to get into last semester when I lived in the Honors Complex, but I didn't get elected. Then by Thursday I was sort of considering it because people in this dorm are "slightly" less motivated than those over in the Honors Complex and I figured if nobody but myself responded to the flyers then I would be in for sure. So Thursday night I sent an email asking to be added to the ballot, which would be voted on the next day (Friday). Talk about short notice, but my plan must have worked because I was elected to be an RHC Representative. I have to go to meetings on Mondays & Tuesdays and work 1 hour a week in the office and I'll get to help plan some of the activities that will be going on around campus. I went to the first meeting yesterday which I would say went well. I'm assuming that tonight's meeting is canceled because the University closed at 12:30 so I get to skip 2 classes! Yeah! Other than that things are going along as normal. I'll leave you with some pictures from that Saturday night outing that I had a couple of weekends ago. We're planning to go out again for cosmic bowling on Friday the 22nd so I'll have to remember to get my camera when I come home this weekend so I can put pictures up soon after rather than waiting to get them from someone else.

2 comments:

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I am LOVIN that last photo!

Yay, you're coming home! When?

Yay, you're doing fun government stuff!

Are you still in all those other clubs you did last semester?

cinnamon said...

great pics and congrats on making the RHC.