Tuesday, March 20, 2007

National Honor Society

Last night was the induction ceremony for National Honor Society. It was an interesting ceremony, and very brief! It only took about a half an hour. Some of the old members talk about National Honor society. Then all of the new members come on stage with the old members. The new members get a cndlge that they light from one big National Honors society candle (I think this is a corny idea, but they didn't consult with me before hand). Then we all say the National honors Sociey pledge, and it's all over.
Next comes the best part.... refreshments. Well, I was planning on it being the best part because I was planning on ice cream. However, instead of ice cream there was cake. Who's bright idea was that? I was so distraught. Planning on ice cream and recieving cake is not a warm welcome if you ask me. Oh well.


We slipped away from the cake eaters and snuck up to the front of the school where one of my drawings is on display so my mama could see it. It was hard to take a picture of it becaus eof the reflection on the glass, but it is a giraffe that is supposed to look like it is woven with strips of cloth.


Here is a picture of DP & I. He insisted on wearing his Obi-Wan Kenobi tie. Is he white & nerdy or what!?!


7 comments:

piano boy said...

Oh Yeah, he's white and nerdy. At our induction the old leaders went up and lit four candles that are supposed to symbolize the four values of NHS. The whole thing would be better without candles.

Anonymous said...

You know everyone loves that tie.

palmtreefanatic said...

I think the photo looks great of the 2 of you! great job!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Congrats on the National Honor Society! Too bad about the cake.

And the giraffe? You never cease to amaze me with your artistic talent! I'm so jealous! I'm only "crafty." :)

Anonymous said...

Dude, Obi-Wan is the man.

Exquisite said...

It remindes me of the song White and Nerdy by Weird Al haha!

AmericasNextFreak said...

Dude, that tie is pimp XD I love it!!