Friday, April 13, 2007

Spring Break: A Week In Review

Well, this is officially my last spring break of high school, and the weather has been anything but spring-like. I spent my time working a lot this week among other things. That was pretty boring, but on a lighter note I did finish my clay pot.


I had to construct a pot using coils, but then smooth it out so you couldn't tell it was made from coils. (I say, if we don't want it to look like coils then let's not use coils, but I'm not in charge so I did what I was told.) Then, I had to cut holes into it and put little holes around the big ones because I will eventually be lacing leather strips across the holes. They tell me it will lokk really cool, but i have my doubts. I would've preferred to not put holes in my pot, but oh well. What can you do? Here is a picture of my finished masterpiece.







I also spent time seriously considering starting my pre-calculus homework, but I could only bring myself to finish one assignment. I have 4 more to go. AHHHHH. Math is so NOT my thing.



I, of course, continued the teenage tradition of staying up super late over break. However, I did not follow it up by sleeping in. It is simply impossible. Oh well.

On Thursday I was up until around 1AM watching movies. I watched You've Got Mail and The Importance of Being Earnest. Both were good movies. The night before that I stayed up until 3:25AM hanging out with Belle. That was lots of fun too. ¿Isn't this a funny picture?


Yes, that is an upside down question mark. I also learned how to do that over spring break. ¡It's amazing the invaluable things you can learn from your nerdy little brother! (I hope you noticed that upside down exclaimation point) Now I could type in Spanish and be authentic. If only I knew Spanish.



I finished off this spring break week with a trip to the Toledo Zoo with some of my favorite people. Now the zoo isn't really my favorite place to go. For some reason I don't really find the zoo enchanting, exciting, enthralling or any other words that start with "e". However, spending time with my fellow zoo-goers was what made it a good time.

6 comments:

Sandman said...

Good luck with the pre-cal homework, I hate math...

Exquisite said...

YOU HAVE THAT PICTURE!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! lol. I hope you get your homework done and that it warms up outside!

AmericasNextFreak said...

Poor Katy, I know from experience how torturous math can be...

Who wants to take up my idea and have a party where we all just burn our math binders?

WOHOOO, FIRE!!!!!!hahaha

~Sylvia~

Exquisite said...

We should have burned them at Daniel's last night with the HUGE bonfire they had! Though, I only have a math notebook :( Does that mean I'm not in the club?! hehe

Just Me said...

I love to read your blog!!! Last week at the conference was great! Had fun hangin' out with you guys!

Anonymous said...

¡What fun times!
¿Was playing soccer, at midnight, in the rain not blog-worthy?
¡Your pot looks GREAT!