Sunday, August 26, 2007

Day 3 in the Big City

On the agenda for today they had an assembly about Akron traditions and a welcome festival. The welcome festival had information about clubs and student organizations. It is one of my theories that the more I get involved in clubs the more people I will meet and the easier my transition into college life will be. That being said, this is what I signed up for:
  1. AK Rowdies (they sit together and cheer at sports games)
  2. Students for Life ( this is a pro-life student organization, not me commiting to be in college forever)
  3. Associated Student Government
  4. College Republicans
  5. Campus Focus ( this is the campus ministry group)
  6. ZPN (Zips Programing Network- they plan a lot of the on campus events)

After signing up for clubs I went to the soccer game to cheer them on. They beat Cleveland State 3-0. Go Zips! Right after the game was over I got a call from Piano Boy. Then I talked to Belle for a while and finished with JR. During these conversations I missed a call from my Mom so I called her back and talked to everyone else at home as well. After all of this chating I think I have reached a record even I didn't think was possible. I talk on the phone for an hour and a half. It shocks me even, but it was nice to hear from people at home and get caught up with things.

Finally I met my bathroom mate after 3 days of being here. She must have just moved in today or something. Her name is Annie and she seemed nice. Now I'm just trying to prepare myself for classes starting tomorrow. I have a full schedule starting at 8:50 and going until 2. I'm hoping that everything goes well and that I'm not bombarded with homework, but I really don't know what to expect. I don't like being the unexperienced freshman all over again, but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Well, that would be my day in review. I'm sure I'll be updating tomorrow with a report on how classes went. Gives you a little something to look forward to right?

8 comments:

Billy said...

Glad you will not be a student forever. Hope you have a GREAT day tomorrow!!!! You know we are all living vicariously through you now!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Hey! didn't read this before I talked to you.

I laughed LOUDLY at the "students for life" explanation! FUNNY!

Glad you're jumping in with both feet. Sounds like you'll be BUSY! Plus homework.

Can't wait for the next installment!

love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are getting so involved. I guess I've had some influence in your life:).

Have a super day tomorrow!

PR

Karen said...

Hey, you are doing GREAT at your blogging these days. I'm so proud of you for going for the gusto, that's great. We sure miss you, but it's neat knowing someone who will be famous at AU soon.

love you

Rachel said...

That's so awesome that you have all those opportunities to get involved. I was really nervous on my first day of classes too. I also overslept my alarm that morning. I had to run to my first class. LOL....all the way across campus. I'm sure you'll do great.

cinnamon said...

I'm glad that you are getting involved in college that is a great way to start. I know you'll do great in your classes.

KinderSwimmer89 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KinderSwimmer89 said...

Its Good to hear things are going well for you see you have made a new friends and joined lots of clubs thats awesome let me know how your doing leave a comment On my blog or call me when you have free time God Bless

AppelJacks (AppleJacks)