Thursday, August 23, 2007

On the Verge of Destiny

Within 24 hours my blog will step into its full destiny. The reason I created a blog many months ago was for the purpose of keeping the general public informed and updated with my life at college. That time has nearly come. Tomorrow is a big day for my blog and I. We will embark into the unknown and have adventures of all sorts, and then report them back here all while using proper grammar. I know. This sounds like a huge under taking, adventures AND proper grammar, but some how I know my blog and I will survive.

Ok, that's enough dramatizing for one post. On a serious note, tomorrow really is an important day. A day that I have had mixed emotions about for probably somewhere around the time frame of a year. Most of these emotions have left me dreading this day, but as of recently I have had a change of mind. For the majority of the past year I have had the recurring thought process of "this is going to be so hard, and I don't know how I can survive leaving everyone and everything I have ever known and care about behind, etc. etc". However, over the past couple of weeks, instead of thinking about all of the negative things, I came to the realization that I shouldn't be having negative feelings about being obedient to God. I am taking a step into my destiny by doing this, and this is what God has for me at this time, so of course I can survive.

I am very thankful for this shift in thinking because I originally expected these last few weeks to be the hardest ones, but in reality the opposite happened. I think that I am as ready as I can be
for college, and though it's not going to be easy, it is definately do-able.

So, I'm all packed up and "ready" for whatever happens. My blog is ready too. We promise to update more often than we have in the past. So don't worry, you'll be hearing from me.

6 comments:

cinnamon said...

well thats good can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Cinnamon^_^

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started. I'm so very proud of you and know that you will do well whereever the Lord leads you. Love Ya Bunches!!!!!!!!!

The Downing 5 said...

Hey Krista...looking forward to hearing about all your new adventures (of course with lots of drama added for interest!!). We'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hasta la vista, Esther girl!! You were born for such a time as this!!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I'm so glad you're excited about what God is going to do! Cause it's gonna be GREAT!

love you!!

Billy said...

I read this. :-) I know your time is going to be awesome! Be open to new things, being led by The Spirit!!!