Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School

I survived my first day of classes. I made it to them on time too. They all seem like they are going to be fine. A couple of the professors seem fun and couple seem really boring, but that's something I'll just have to deal with.


The only drawback it that instead of ordering my books through the school bookstore, I ordered them from a web site called abe books. I really thought I was beating the system because I only paid $1 for each book plus shipping. Then I get to class and find out that I bought older editions of the books so now I have to get the new ones from the bookstore. That literally cost about 100x more than what I paid for the wrong books online. Now I have homework and the wrong books, so I can't do it. I don't have any classes on Tuesdays, so hopefully my order will be processed quickly and I can get my books from the bookstore on Tuesday and be all prepared for Wednesday.


After classess, I finally got to visit the rec center. It is really big and it was super busy when I went, but I was able to find a tredmill in the back and I ran for 20 minutes. Here is a picture of the rec center.



Well, that's about all I have for now. I've been thinking about and praying for you guys going back to school today. I know you all are going to do great. See ya soon.

6 comments:

cinnamon said...

WoW that's a nice rec center. Better than ours. That stinks that you got older books I'm sure that you'll get your newer books and get your h.w. done in due time

Cinnamon
:)

Rachel said...

Bummer about the books. I really think the book system gets way too much money from students...cause when you sell it back at the end of the year you don't get anything close to what you paid for it. :) Oh well, one of those things. Mama Lily and Shagga are talking me into the 5K. Think I can do it? I'm not sure.

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

That is a bummer about your books. I kinda had that thought in the back of my mind when your mom told me you bought them online. They are so EXPENSIVE!!! Sell them back as soon as class is over and you can usually get a pretty good price.

Cool rec center. Did you take that picture?

you posted at 7AM -- wow you're up early for a day that you don't have class. I wonder if this will be the semester you learn how to sleep in. hmmmmm.

Alicia said...

bummer on the books.. sounds like things are going good for you besides the book issue..

KinderSwimmer89 said...

that is a huge rec center i would like to see their pool and their weight room glad you had a first day stinks about the books God Bless
Appeljacks

The Downing 5 said...

WOW...talk about jumping in with both feet. The clubs sound great (Students for Life kinda cracked me up cuz I know some adults that have taken on college as their profession!!!!) Thanks for sharing so much!