Saturday, September 8, 2007

Not So Exciting City Life

Well it is the weekend, which in university terms means no classes. I have come to realize that most people that go to the University of Akron choose it because they live near by. That means that they all go home on the weekends. It is really weird to walk around campus and only pass a few people when during the week there are roughly 24,000 students bopping around.

Since I am not one of the fortunate ones that gets to return home every weekend, I have to find something to occupy my time with here. There is of course some homework and reading that I could do to prepare for classes next week, but I didn't want to do that the whole weekend. I decided that to kill some time I would head out into the big city and see what I could find. So I left campus and headed for the really big buildings, but when I got there I found a whole lot of nothing going on. There were some bars and hole in the wall restaurants, but not much more than that. Oh, and there was a Farmer's Market. What could be more exciting than a Famer's Market? Ha.

As I was walking around I saw a car pass that looked like Eddy. It made me wish that I had a car now. If I had a car maybe I could at least find a Wal-Mart or some other recognizable business, but alas I have no car, and no Wal-Mart. What is a girl to do?

I did work out today after my hike around Akron, but I've pretty much exausted all of my options. I will probably have to resort to doing homework now. I guess big city life isn't really all it's made out to be.

8 comments:

KinderSwimmer89 said...

Hey Krista how are you doing beside being bored hopefully the more you there you will find something fun to occupy your time How did your week go ? bet your making a lot of new friends. We started our college class for public safety a lot of homework but thats alright i bet u have ten times more than i do so i guess i cant complain much oh yeah before i forget i got a raise at McDonalds im going to be a Crew Trainer im pumped well thats i know im supporsed to leave a comment but thought id talk to u instead well hope working out is going good for ya God Bless Appel Jacks

cinnamon said...

That really stinks that your bored. I know how you feel I've been bored for the last couple of days too. I hope that your stage of boredom(spelling?) ends soon.

Cinnamon
:)

piano boy said...

He still doesn't know how to spell apple jacks :)

Hope that things get better. We missed you today, but look on the bright side. No family reunion, Darn. :)

I have personally had homework all weekend but oh well. Hope to see you soon.

Laura said...

You'll find stuff to do. You'll make lots of friends and then you can car pool and do some other interesting activities around campus and in the city! yeah.... facing the music/"work" of college life isn't always pretty, but God's there to perk you up! Things'll get better!! ;-)you'll see.

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I don't want to sound cliche, but give it some time. You'll meet people... people with cars and then you can go places with them.

Love you!!! and miss you, too.

Anonymous said...

We missed you this weekend! Hang in there things will improve. It takes a while to get aclimated but don't stop meeting people and trying to get out there. You will meet some interesting and maybe some really good friends that way.

Blessings

PR

Karen said...

Hey Chicky. I'm sorry your weekend was so rough. Were you able to go to church yesterday? Transition is never easy. LOVE you!

Rachel said...

Hi! We missed you...but Belle certainly rocked the bongos...that's for sure. :) I had a hard time in Dallas not having a car either but you will get to know some people....and figure out where the interesting places are in Akron...I'm sure there must be some. We're praying for you!!!