Saturday, September 15, 2007

Quick Update

I figured I better do some type of update since I haven't blogged since Monday. Classes went well this week. I took my spanish quiz and only missed 1 1/2 points. Of course "el piso" was not on the quiz. Wednesday was Student Appreciation day, so there was a bunch of free stuff. Free stuff is always good. I also gave blood on Wednesday, and I didn't even get a bruise. I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not. It seems like more of a sacrifice when you get a bruise. Maybe that's just me. My blood pressure was really good. Much lower than say about 2 years ago. So that's a good thing.

Wednesday was also the first time that I met with my small group. It is a group of about 10 people and we get together for a bible study every wednesday night at Starbucks. That went pretty well I thought. One of the girls in the group talked about having a smallgroup party at her house and she has a nintendo Wii. El Grande Nerdo will be so jealous.

I went to the women's soccer game last night. That was really cool. Then today I volunteered at a local homeless shelter with a couple of other people from one of the student organizations I'm involved with. That was a pretty good time too, and it gave me something to do today, which was the real goal.

That's pretty much my week in review. Just trying to stay busy. My faithful readers are all updated now.

9 comments:

KinderSwimmer89 said...

Congrats on you quiz Great job. We Had student appreciation day to but we didnt get to do anything cause of the rain but i m glad you had a good time
AppelJacks
God Bless

KinderSwimmer89 said...

Before I forget Here is My E-Mail swimaholic8002@yahoo.com

cinnamon said...

Good job on your test. I am really glad you are having a good time. Your week sounds exciting

Karen said...

Way to get there, Chicky. I hope your weekend was better than last week.

Miss you tons.

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Sounds like a good week! I'm glad you're starting to have more social time.

We sure do miss you a LOT -- esp. at Remain!

Billy said...

Examencito Excelente! Belle helped me out :-)

Anonymous said...

my what pretty eyes you have.....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're adjusting some. It will get better for sure! We miss you dreadfully, but I guess we'll appreciate you more when you are here.

Blessings!!

PR

Rachel said...

Yea! You're meeting people and getting to do new things...plus you will never forget the spanish for floor now will you???