Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Cold Day Happenings

School was closed again today because of the cold. It has been a long time since we had 2 days off in a row.
Since I didn't have school today I went to the rec to work out. It was lots of fun. I am going to be super buff in no time. After working out, Belle & I BEAT JR & DP in a game of basketball. We've still got it after a few years of not playing.

Well, after the rec I went to work for a little bit. Then, when I came home from work I started on a project and recruited DP to help me (this gets dangerous).

My project was to remove the burrs from my gloves. They got completely covered during a sledding excursion a few weeks ago, and I haven't had time to sit down and pick them off.




DP and I started by picking them off one by one. I quicky grew impatient with this ( if you can imagine) and tried to think of alternatives. I first tried the vacuum cleaner. That didn't do a thing. Next I had DP put the gloves on, and I covered them in duct tape, then quickly pulled it off. This worked a little bit, but not nearly well enough. My next thought was to check the internet.
Before I got on the internet I put hot water on the stove to make cappucino because I am freezing. Then I embarked on my search to get rid of these burrs. Eventually the teapot whistled so I took it off the stove. DP, who was wearing one of my burr covered gloves, came in behind me to make hot chocolate. Before I had a chance to turn off the stove DP had this bright idea to touch the stove with his hand that had the glove on it to see if it was hot. Of course it was hot, it was still turned on. Needless to say, the glove was burnt.




I lauged at his ridiculousness for a moment, then made him give me his gloves. Now I have new gloves that are free of burrs. Mission accomplished!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this after he burned the corner of my Tupperware butter dish Making his breakfast this morning. UGH I guess it's time to kick him out of the kitchen:):):)

Karen said...

at least you have burr-less gloves! :-) pretty funny. I would have thought the duct tape would have worked better though. Did you ever look it up on the internet?

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I always knew you were smart! Too funny that they were still covered. and glad you got a picture of it!

Anonymous said...

What are we going to do with DP?

Duh! The Big Red TrucK!

PR

Rachel said...

That is too funny. What will you do next year without DP around?

Anonymous said...

We beat you and you know it. There's no denying it.