Monday, February 12, 2007

A Day To Remember

No, nothing amazing happened. Today was just a day of recalling things from the past. First I was remembering old basketball seasons with some of my basketball buddies, who also don't play anymore, while we were in the lunch line. It was fun to remember seasons gone by. We all three concluded that we don't miss the drama between the team members and the coaches who were less than encouraging, but we definatley miss playing. I wish they had a rec league for older kids.

Last night my Mom and I were going through my old sports photos, certificates, etc. and organizing them to put into a scrap book. I love pictures. My favorite part is looking at pictures and remembering what was going on right before that picture was taken. Looking at my old sports pictures allowed me to remember all of the fun times I've had during my numerous basketball seasons (8 to be exact) as well as my lone cross country and soccer seasons.

Then, this evening for dinner we had spaghetti. After I was done I decide I would spell my name with the noodles left over on my plate.


This reminded me of the time that us Westies went to the Harts for dinner. It was a mexican theme and we had spanish rice. The spanish rice contained green peppers. I am not a big fan of cooked green peppers so I picked them all out of my rice. Then, after I was done, I made a smiley face out of the green peppers. Linda found that humorous and she has liked me ever since. It must have been those green peppers.

I also got to walk with Belle in the hall at school for about 2.5 seconds. That hasn't happened since last year so that was special too.

Today was a day to reminisce.






7 comments:

piano boy said...

Nothing about me huh? On second thought, most of those memories are probably anoying aren't they.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that picture of the white house Krista... I didn't know I had nighttime mode on my camera. One more reason we have to go back to Washington!

Thoughtful in Selah said...

by the way, I now have a blogger... It is www.mayoman7.blogspot.com

Billy said...

That pepper story is GREAT!!!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

It was the peppers, eh?

Love the Basketball picture!

Rachel said...

Wow...that is too funny. I really like the pepper story!

Laura said...

Awww... great pics ;-)
oooo aaa Spanish rice!