Monday, February 5, 2007

No School!



Today is a glorious day because there is no school thanks to the subzero temperatures. I have been waiting so long for a cancellation. I just knew this day would come. There are a few reasons why this "cold day" is so wonderful:




  1. Sleeping in - I love the idea of sleeping in, but it is pretty much impossible to do so. Every morning that I have to get up for school I would much rather sleep in, but when I actually have the chance it never happens no matter how late I stay up the night before. Last night I stayed up until around 2:30 am at some friends house because I knew I could sleep in today. However, 7:45 am rolls around and I just have to get up. I wish I could sleep in.


  2. More Time to Work On My Speech- Yes speech. The student teacher that I have for english thought it would be a great idea to have us write a speech about our future plans and what we want to do with our lives. And if that wasn't bad enough, the speech has to be 7-1o minutes long. AHHHHH! This seems nearly impossible to come up with 7 minutes worth of talking material, but I can't do sub-standard work so I'll have to come up with something. At least I have an extra day to prepare . Now I don't have to deliver my speech until Wednesday. If only I had something to write about.


  3. More Time to Prepare For Other School Work- I am a firm believer that teachers collaborate together and plan their tests for the same days. Not only will I have my speech on Wednesday, but the tests that were planned for Tuesday will be pushed back. That means a Pre-Calculus test and a Sociology test to go along with my speech. Aye Aye Aye.


  4. No Set Schedules- I can do whatever I want, as long as I'm at work by 3:30. I could stay inside all day, go to a movie ( if there were anythign worth watching), or go work out at the rec. However, it looks like today will be filled with preparation for school tomorrow.

I am so happy that I don't have school today, but all the preparation for school that this day contains makes this "cold day" is a little bitter sweet.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Your day seems better than mine. You should try to work in some Jam Time with Belle!

Karen said...

you were up the earliest! Little Buddy wasn't up until 8 and the big galloots around here didn't get up until after 10!

sorry you had so much school work though. Isn't much fun having that hang over your head!

Maybe tomorrow will be cancelled as well.

Karen said...

oh yea! LOVE the pic! :-)

Laura said...

so, yeah.. I got myself a blog... (the xanga was a bit stale)

Anonymous said...

Who's the goofy guy in the picture with ya?

PR

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I need to do that letter! Sorry!