Saturday, February 10, 2007

Plans Are Changing... But It's All Good

This week I delivered my speech in english class about my future plans, and what I want to do with my life. It was an extremely difficult assignment for me. First of all it was a speech. I am not terrified of public speaking, but it is not my favorite thing. Also, I haven't been really sure of what I want to do with my life because I keep changing my mind.
I have changed my mind once again. Most of you probably knew that I was planning on studying physical therapy this fall. Well, I have since changed my mind, and now I have decided to major in political science.


I know this is in a totally different ball park from physical therapy, but I feel more confident with this major than with any of the others I have considered. This is a weird major for me to pick because I wasn't really interested in government/politics until this past summer. I don't know as much as I should about the government and how it all works, but that is probably why I have enjoyed my Senior Social Studies class so much. It surprisingly has become my favorite. I finally have a government teacher that is as passionate about teaching it as I am about learning it.


A couple of events have occured that have sort of reassured me of my decision. A couple of weeks ago my Senior Social Studies teacher kept me after class. He asked what my plans for after high school were and I told him political science. He encouraged me, and told me that I would do really well in that major. The reason he had kept me after class was because he had gotten information about the Ashbrook Center, a division of Ashland University focused on public affairs and politics that is primarily conservative. He said that he thought of me when he got the information, and thought I might be interested. Isn't that special? Then just his week after sharing my thoughts on some issues in my small group during class there are a few girls who are convinced I should be the first woman president. Ha Ha. I just laughed to myself. I don't see that happening.


Now I've been thinking to myself "why couldn't that happen?". I think a lot of the time I don't give myself enough credit. I catch myself comparing my work or my talents with others, and I never seem to measure up. Sometimes I let those "everyone is better than me" lies get in the way of seeing myself the way God sees me. I know he has a plan specifically for my life with important things that I need to accomplish.


So it is time that I stop limiting God's power and how he can use me to change the world around me. I see all of my short comings and mistakes magnified, while God sees me as a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman with an amazing future ahead of me.


So I guess what I'm saying is "God, If you want me to be the first woman president then I'm all for it. I want accomplish all that you have for me to do and I'm not going to let fear & doubt stand in my way".

7 comments:

Karen said...

Preach it sista!! I'm proud of you! A few government lessons as we went around DC sparked something eh?? He will lead you with His peace! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Krista,

Wow! Poli sci eh? It will be interesting to see what this years trip to DC sparks. Can't wait. You go and be all that God created you to be.

PR

Anonymous said...

you go girl! I knew you had it in ya! you got my vote fo shore!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl. Guess I might need a few lessons in being the first Mother. I want a room with a great view. Don't ever be afraid to go where the Lord is leading you. I'm behind you 1000%. I am very proud of the MIGHTY woman of GOD that you have become.
Love Ya Lots, Mom

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

"God sees me as a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman with an amazing future ahead of me."

Don't you EVER forget this!! You are amazing.

I'll vote for you! (I certainly won't be voting for the current woman running for President!)

Billy said...

Yes!
Amen!
You got it!
You go girl!
Mighty woman of God!!!
God has a great destiny for you and He will reveal it to you everyday.

piano boy said...

You go super K. If God wants you to be president, you will do it. I have no doubt, can we have a jam room in the whitehouse, maybe once a month or somthing.