Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Senior-itis is Setting in Already.

I think I have a mildly severe case of the dreaded Senior-itis. For those of you who don't know what it is, Senior-itis is when upon nearing the end of one's school career they feel unmotivated to put forth any real effort into their school work. Severe cases result in numerous absences from school. I don't plan on my case progressing to that point.

I have become tired of going to school, and work for that matter. They just seem so boring lately. Unfortunately both are unavoidable. This is not a good thing to be so bored because I still have 4 months of school and roughly 7 months of work. Normally I wouldn't consider that a very long time, however, from my current stand point on the top of Mount Boredom this seems like an eternity. What is a girl to do?

There is a slight glimpse of joy when school is over, but then it is quickly driven away by the thought that next I have to work and sit some more at my boring desk job. I'm so happy when the clock strikes 6 and work is over that I run to my car. Then once I reach my house I am filled with happiness because I am done with work and school for another day.

I have decided to blame this sudden case of Senior-itis on the weather ( i've got to have something to blame it on right?). I am always, always cold and I think that the temperature is finally getting to me. I've been strong for so long, but I just can't stand it anymore. I was thinking recently, (I'm always thinking), and I came to the conclusion that I have been cold enough to wear a sweatshirt for nearly 5 months! I want to be warm! I hope the weather changes soon so that I can be cured of my Senior-itis.

3 comments:

Karen said...

here's hoping!! I got out my spring flowers too. I call it cabin fever cause I'm not in school, but I had senior-itis my whole time in high school. ;)

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Senior-its only gets worse when the weather warms up! Then you definitely want to skip school and play in the warm sunshine.

Alicia said...

just wait.. it happens to college students too. haha...