Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oxymorons!

English class is one of my favorites because I really like words and writing an essay is super easy for me. I thoroughly enjoy learning new vocabulary words and once I've learned them I anxoiusly await an opportunity to use them. The dictionary and thesarus are my favorite reference books. I also dominate in Scrabble and Mad Gab. I could play for hours.

I also enjoy literary devices such as alliteration and irony. However, my absolute favorite is the oxymoron. Oxymorons are so much fun to use and stumbling upon new ones fills my heart with joy. I have come up with a list of some of the oxymorons that I like:

  1. jumbo shrimp

  2. boxing ring

  3. bittersweet

  4. black light

  5. constant change

  6. definite maybe

  7. larger half

  8. live recording

  9. mindless thinking

  10. plastic silverware

  11. original copy

  12. freezer burn

  13. hard water

  14. pretty ugly

  15. seriously funny

Now wasn't that SO much fun!?!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOT ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU!

CARNEL CHRISTIANS

PR

piano boy said...

OK?? Not sure what that was PR. Definitly fun Super-K

Anonymous said...

What if you said plastic cutlery instead?

Rachel said...

you are too funny...what about journalism?? just a thought.

Anonymous said...

how about almost always

Thoughtful in Selah said...

17. Microsoft Works

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

these comments are cracking me up!
PR can't spell
Dylan... too funny
Brice... typical Brice

That was "seriously funny!"

palmtreefanatic said...

thats GREAT!!! lol!

palmtreefanatic said...

heres another oxymoron...
holy crap